IVC Evidensia is quickly growing and is now the largest veterinary group in Northern Europe.
IVC was established in 2011 and through acquisition has since gone from strength to strength.
IVC’s key philosophy is that all of our veterinary practices remain independent.
IVC Ireland was established in 2018 and has continued to grow its presence in the Irish veterinary market.
Due to our continued growth, IVC Ireland are looking to recruit a Commercial Manager to join our tight-knit, fun and hardworking team!
Main Purpose of Job
The primary focus of this role will be to facilitate and oversee successful completion of prospective practice acquisitions for the largest veterinary group in Northern Europe. You will be responsible for overseeing multiple contracts simultaneously, managing all stages until successful completion.
As Commercial Manager, you will work closely with the Regional Operations Manager and the M&A team ensuring veterinary practices are acquired within financial benchmarks, correspond to pipeline needs and are in line with IVC Evidensia guidelines.
You’ll develop and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success and diverse ways of thinking.
Key Tasks/Scope of Job
• Managing group M&A projects alongside other internal and external stakeholders
• Manage multiple projects at various stages of completion, facilitating communication throughout the acquisition process.
• Supporting work streams across the business post acquisition to ensure seamless take on of new acquisitions in liaison with department heads and operational teams
• Drafting reports for submission to the board of directors
• Analysing current trends and conducting competitor analysis
• Supporting all phases of the transaction cycle from offer drafting through to deal execution
• Reviewing projections and analysing sales patterns to benchmark practice value.
• Production of progress and financial reports for and attendance at organisational and project meetings as required.
• Strict adherence to agreed timelines and cost monitoring.
• Visiting practice within Ireland and UK advising Clinical Directors of the benefits of joining IVC Evidensia.
• Delivering Key Performance Indicators for the purposes of efficiency and accountability
Skills and experience specification
• Veterinary practitioner with solid understanding of veterinary industry
• Experience in a mixed practice setting is desirable, but not essential
• At least 3 years’ experience in a commercial setting
• Be flexible and solution focused.
• Happy to travel across Ireland and UK
• Well-developed interpersonal abilities, attention to detail, excellent communication skills are key and will be an integral part of this role.
• Proven track record of managing similar projects or account management.
• Continuous professional development is encouraged, any fees and time covered.
• Knowledge of the veterinary industry / Veterinary Clinic set up a distinct advantage.
• A strong ability to engage with stakeholders at various levels
• Ability to analyse problems and develop flexible, creative solutions
• A proven self-starter with a ‘can do’ approach.
• Willingness, experience and confidence to take ownership of tasks
• Demonstrates an attention to detail.
• Self-confident and proactive.
General Responsibilities and information
• Comply with all company Policies and Procedures.
• Comply with Health and Safety regulations and other current legislation as applicable.
• Undertake all other reasonable duties as required.
Pay & Benefits
• Negotiable salary depending on experience
• This role is a part-time position home based role, 3 days per week.
• Travel will be required to veterinary practices across Ireland and the UK.
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with service-based holiday entitlement increases
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits- various discounts including retail, Cycle to Work scheme & gym memberships
• CPD/training support
• Company sick pay
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.