HR Generalist – People Services
Main Purpose of Job
The HR Generalist will support the HR Manager by providing HR advisory support to Clinical Directors, Practice Managers and employees across our group of veterinary practices and hospitals in Ireland.
Act as a HR best practice ambassador and key point of contact for the people services function within HR. Providing accurate advice and guidance to both management and their employees.
Key Tasks/Scope of Job
- Support the HR Manager and Dayforce project team in the successful build, launch and integration of Dayforce HRIS across all veterinary practices in the group.
- Once launched, oversee the daily operation of the HRIS, provide training and support to clinics in the use and optimising of HRIS
- Ensure data integrity within the HRIS is maintained accurately.
- Support the HR Manager in production of mandatory reports (Gender Pay Gap Reporting and other compliance metrics) as well as ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Design manuals, support guides and processing procedures as needed
- Oversee the successful integration of new practices into IVC Evidensia Ireland and supporting them with any HR requirements
- Provide effective and professional HR Support and advice to management and employees, including the coordinating and management of any grievance/disciplinary processes
- Proactively contribute to the continuous improvement of the HR function within IVC Evidensia Ireland and our practices.
- Comply with all company Policies and Procedures
- Attend regular HR Meetings and other support meetings as needed both with clinical and operational teams
- Ensure information, policies and procedures are kept up to date on the company’s intranet
- Champion and promote our wellbeing strategy as part of our Positive Pawprint strategy including Mental Health First Aider Training
- Undertake other reasonable duties and projects as required
Skills and experience specification
- In-dept knowledge of Irish employment legislation and 3-4 years’ experience working within a similar role.
- A proven self-starter with a ‘can do’ approach.
- Previous experience in a generalist HR role. Previous multi-site experience a distinct advantage.
- Experience of implementing new systems and processes in a collaborative manner.
- Willingness, experience and confidence to take ownership of the projects and duties and implement processes to improve and streamline the service we provide for our practices
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team and work unsupervised.
- Capability to manage, asses and extract data within a HRIS.
- Demonstrates an attention to detail.
- Proven influencing and communication skills.
- Self-confident and proactive.
Pay & Benefits
- Salary of €45-50k per annum depending on experience
- Full time permanent role
- This role is based from home with the flexibility to create your own working hours ( subject to approval )
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata) plus bank holidays with service based holiday entitlement increases
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Packages
- Birthday leave
- Professional membership fees
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Pawsome Discount Portal - various discounts including retail, Cycle to Work scheme & virtual gym memberships
- CPD/training support
- Company sick pay
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.