Property (Project) Manager
JOB TITLE: Property (Project) Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Operations Manager (Ireland)
IVC Evidensia is quickly growing and is now the largest veterinary group in Northern Europe.
IVC was established in 2011 and through acquisition has since gone from strength to strength.
IVC’s key philosophy is that all of our veterinary practices remain independent.
IVC Ireland was established in 2018 and has continued to grow its presence in the Irish veterinary market.
Due to our continued growth, IVC Ireland are looking to recruit a Property (Project) Manager to join our tight-knit, fun and hardworking team!
For further information regarding IVC, please visit https://ivcevidensia.ie/
Main Purpose of Job
To act as the single point of contact for all construction/capital investment works, from design to completion. Act as single point of contact for lease management of assigned properties within the group. Manage and successfully complete the construction phase of all development projects (new builds, relocations, extensions and acquisitions)
This is essentially a supportive, consultative and communicative function, to assist Clinical Directors and the Operations team in the management and execution of property projects and management.
Key Tasks/Scope of Job
- Manage multiple projects at various stages, from inception /feasibility through planning, tender, contract, and construction stages.
- Strict adherence to agreed timelines and cost monitoring.
- Liaison with all property and finance team members to identify key milestones, critical dates, delays, and the impact on the critical path for individual projects.
- Production of progress and financial reports for and attendance at organisational and project meetings as required.
- Monitor quality standards to ensure works are specified and completed in compliance with legislative requirements, i.e. building regulations, fire safety, health and safety, etc.
- Ensure all developments are environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable.
- Provide leadership to the Design Teams ensuring they work cohesively with a shared vision delivering Key Performance Indicators for the purposes of efficiency and accountability.
- Work as part of the Property team and participate in Property and wider cross-organisational teams.
- Formulate organisational strategy, policies, annual scorecards, and budgets ensuring the mission and strategic goals of the organisation are achieved.
- Supporting organisational colleagues on property-related activities as identified by the Country Manager / Head of Property or any other member of the leadership team.
- Liaison with and reporting to Local Authority and Government Department agencies where necessary.
- Management of the design and delivery team project managers in reviewing the contractor's construction programme, ensuring they are in line with workflow and cash flow requirements.
- Management of project handover from contractor to ensure completion of all works, testing and training of systems and the handover of the safety file.
Skills and experience specification
- A relevant 3rd level qualification to at least degree level or a certified trade qualification relevant to the role.
- At least 3 years’ experience of architectural design and construction project management.
- Qualified to RICS/MCIAT/MCIOB level is desirable but not essential subject to experience.
- Be flexible and solution focused.
- Happy to travel across Ireland to visit practices.
- Well-developed interpersonal abilities, attention to detail, excellent communication skills are key and will be an integral part of this role.
- Proven track record of managing similar projects with a developer.
- Continuous professional development is encouraged, any fees and time covered.
- Understanding of current planning regulations, legislative regulations, Health & Safety (Construction) and building regulations. Knowledge of the veterinary industry / Veterinary Clinic set up a distinct advantage.
- A strong ability to engage with stakeholders at various levels
- Ability to analyse problems and develop flexible, creative solutions
- A proven self-starter with a ‘can do’ approach.
- Willingness, experience and confidence to take ownership of tasks
- Demonstrates an attention to detail.
- Self-confident and proactive.
General Responsibilities and information
- Comply with all company Policies and Procedures.
- Comply with Health and Safety regulations and other current legislation as applicable.
- Undertake all other reasonable duties as required.
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Victoria Danielsson from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
Senior Talent Partner
firstname.lastname@example.org+44 (0) 7977 253678