- Beechwood Vets
- Permanent, Full Time
- Up to €35,000
Beechwood Vets is seeking a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team. Beechwood Vets is a brand-new Veterinary clinic with state-of-the-art facilities for all your pets’ needs, located in Ranelagh, South Dublin. The role is varied and includes (but not limited to) the following responsibilities:
- Medication administration
- Surgical & Theatre Nursing - prepping, positioning, assisting the surgeon, cleaning & maintaining surgical equipment etc
- Diagnostic Sampling & Testing
- Inpatient care
- Client advice on aspects of animal welfare
- Record keeping
- Writing & Filing reports
The Rota will include up to 40 hours per week with shared Saturday cover. There is no OOH, evenings or Sundays involved.
Salary for this role is up to €35,000 depending on experience.
Beechwood Vets is a modern practice in South Dublin, serving areas like Ranelagh, Rathgar,Rathmines, and Donnybrook. Ranelagh is a terrific location known for its nightlife, spas, local parks, and the amazing Stella theatre. Our practice is easily accessible via public transport including the Luas and bus routes.
We have in-house equipment including blood machines, digital x-ray, multi-parameter anaesthetic monitor and ultrasound. We offer a culture of high clinical standards and inclusiveness with a strong focus on continuous professional development. We are a friendly team that works well together and helps each other to provide the best possible care for our patients.
About the Team & Culture
Our team currently consists of 2 Veterinary Surgeons, 2 Veterinary Nurses and 1 receptionist. Our team is close-knit and friendly. We offer a supportive environment and actively encourage further development.
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse with the right attitude and the ability to work well within a team. It does not matter if you are a newly qualified or an experienced nurse, what matters to us is your enthusiasm, clinical standards, and drive.
We can fully support the right person to help grow and develop at any stage of their nursing career with our Graduate Nurse Academy and fully funding of any certificates you wish.
Benefits – Subject to Pro Rata
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our staff, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will also benefit from:
Work Life Balance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement - minimum of 22 days Annual Leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
Focus on Employee Wellbeing
- Paid Maternity Leave Package
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- EAP and wellbeing centre access
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Company Sick Pay
- €600 annual CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Full Funding of any Certificates / Diplomas / PhD’s you may want to pursue
- Bespoke Graduate Nurse Academy, Nurse Evolve and many more in-house academies
- Leadership Academy for all our future leaders, including Head Nurses and Practice Managers
- Career Progression Opportunities, both clinical and non-clinical
- VCI membership paid
- VDS cover paid
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Pawesome Benefits – various discounts including retail and virtual gym
- Employee Pension Contributions
- Discounted Staff Pet Veterinary Fees
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Relocation Packages
- Free Flu Jabs
- Opportunity to join company programmes (LGBTQ+, Wellbeing champions, Nurses committee, Clinical Board and many more)
As a BAME and LGBTQIA+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Shónagh Dawson from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
086 085 0891