O’Dowd Veterinary is a long established, mixed companion and farm animal veterinary hospital. It has expanded over the years and now employs approximately 20 long-established staff. We have an enthusiastic, progressive team of 7 veterinary practitioners, 5 nurses and 6 support staff that provide a full range of veterinary services. We operate from a modern, purpose-built and fully equipped hospital in Ardee and a small branch practice in Dunleer. Our practices are only 1 hour commute from both Belfast and Dublin, just off the M1 motorway.
We pride ourselves in practicing a high standard of care with a friendly team who are all supportive of each other.
O’Dowd Veterinary Hospital is seeking to recruit a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team starting in March. This position is a full-time position. A working week is 40 hours over 5 days with a 1 in 4 Saturday shared rota (with the possibility of going 1 in 5), with a day in lieu that week.
The role includes duties and responsibilities including assisting the vets with anaesthetics, monitoring inpatients, carrying out nurse clinics and general upkeep of the practice.
Salary is up to €37,000 depending on experience.
Candidates must be registered with the VCI. The ideal candidate would be friendly, organised, hardworking and work well as part of a team as well as on their own.
Experience would be beneficial but not required. This position would be suitable for experienced or new graduate nurses looking for the right environment to nurture and develop their skills.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our staff, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will also benefit from:
- Work Life Balance
- Minimum of 22 days Annual Leave (pro-rata for Part Time)
- Birthday Leave (paid day off on your birthday)
- Focus on Employee Wellbeing
- Paid Maternity Leave Package
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- EAP and wellbeing centre access
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Company Sick Pay
- €600 annual CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Bespoke Graduate Nurse Academy, Nurse Evolve and many more in-house academies
- Leadership Academy for all our future leaders, including Head Nurses and Practice Managers
- Career Progression Opportunities, both clinical and non-clinical
- Professional Memberships
- VCI membership paid
- VDS cover paid
- Additional Benefits
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Pawesome Benefits – various discounts including retail and virtual gym
- Employee Pension Contributions
- Discounted Staff Pet Veterinary Fees
- Free Flu Jabs
- Opportunity to join company programmes (LGBTQ+, Wellbeing champions, Nurses committee, Clinical Board and many more)
As a BAME and LGBTQIA+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Eadaoin Redmond from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
086 176 2210