O’Shea, Bramley, and Breen Vets in the sunny southeast town of Wexford is an accredited Mixed Veterinary Hospital looking for a new Veterinary Nurse to join their expanding Small Animal nursing team.
Our hospital has two surgical suites which perform up to 15 surgeries a day. We handle a high volume of small animal consultations every day which keeps our case load varied and interesting. We work extremely closely with many charities in Wexford and participate in fund raisers throughout the year for them. Needless to say – at Wexford Veterinary Hospital no two days are every the same!
We have 11 Veterinary Surgeons, 6 Veterinary Nurses, 2 kennel technicians and 7 support team members that keep our busy practice running smoothly. Two members of our veterinary team are completing post graduate certificates, leading to a wider range of services we provide for our patients. We endeavor to maintain our high standards through professional development, expanding our services and ensuring staff wellbeing.
This is a full-time, permanent position for a Registered Veterinary Nurse, highly suitable for a new graduate.
40 hours over 4.5 days per week = 8 hours shifts plus one half day per week
Weekend cover is shared evenly amongst the team. 2 Saturdays per month and 1 in 6 Sunday half day clinics (9am-1pm)
Your main duties in this role will be: Surgical nursing, Clinical nursing, Dentistry, Radiography, Laboratory sampling & testing, Pharmacy & Dispensary management, Client advice, and Nurse consultations.
Salary is from €28,000 to €32,000 depending on experience.
All candidates must be registered or eligible to register with the VCI.
New graduates are welcome to apply as we have an excellent Graduate Academy available to all our graduate nurses which we recommend to all.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our staff, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will also benefit from:
- Work Life Balance
- 22 days Annual Leave
- Birthday Leave
- Focus on Employee Wellbeing
- Paid Maternity Leave Package
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- EAP and wellbeing centre access
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Company Sick Pay
- €600 annual CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Bespoke Graduate Nurse Academy, Nurse Evolve and many more in-house academies
- Leadership Academy for all our future leaders, including Head Nurses and Practice Managers
- Career Progression Opportunities, both clinical and non-clinical
- Professional Memberships
- VCI membership paid
- VDS cover paid
- IVNA membership paid (if completing the Nurse Academy course)
- Additional Benefits
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Pawesome Benefits – various discounts including retail and virtual gym
- Employee Pension Contributions
- Discounted Staff Pet Veterinary Fees
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Relocation Packages
- Free Flu Jabs
- Opportunity to join company programmes (LGBTQ+, Wellbeing champions, Nurses committee, Clinical Board and many more)
As a BAME and LGBTQIA+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Eadaoin Redmond from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
Eadaoin Redmond RVN