The role is varied and you would be expected to perform general nursing duties including assisting our veterinary surgeons during surgery, administering medications, advising owners on pet welfare and similar responsibilities.
The role is a permanent, full time position based on a 40hr work week over 4.5 days. Plus with some nurse duties to cover OOH on a 1 in 6 rota which is included in your 40hr work week. There is also an option for flexible Part-time contracts for the right candidate.
Salary for this role is up to €34,000 depending on experience with a Relocation Allowance of up to €500 if required.
Situated in the beautiful county of Wexford, in the Sunny South-East of Ireland. Wexford is well renowned for its beaches and nightlife with something to interest everyone. We are a purpose built Veterinary Hospital offering all the mod cons. We are a friendly proactive team including Veterinary Surgeons, Nurses and a great support team which enables our vets and nurses to practice what they are qualified to do.
About the Team & Culture
Our amazing team is made up of 9 Veterinary Surgeons, 5 Veterinary Nurses, 1 Student Nurse and 9 Support staff. The ideal candidate should be able to work well within our team. We work closely with our local W.S.P.C.A. and run charity events every year in aid of them.
Experience would be ideal, but any veterinary nurse is eligible at any point in their training as we have a fully funded new graduate programme as well.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our staff, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will also benefit from:
- Work Life Balance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Increasing Holiday Allowances based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Focus on Employee Wellbeing
- Enhanced family-friendly policies including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental/surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounts with certain retailers & gym memberships
- Social events
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Company Sick Pay
- €600 annual CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Funding of any Certificates / Diplomas / PhD’s you may want to pursue
- Leadership Academy for all our future leaders, including Head Nurses and Practice Managers
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Professional Memberships
- VCI membership paid
- VDS cover paid
- Additional Benefits
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Pawesome Benefits - reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with hundreds of retailers
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Discounted Staff Pet Veterinary Fees
- Access to PRSA
- Employee Opinion Survey
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Relocation Packages
- Free Flu Inoculations
As a BAME and LGBTQIA+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Shónagh Dawson from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
Shónagh Dawson RVN
086 085 0891