Raheny Veterinary Hospital
Permanent, Part Time
Up to €17 per Hour
Here at Raheny Veterinary Hospital, we are looking for a dedicated weekend Veterinary Nurse to join our team. The shifts are Saturday 9-6 and Sunday 11-5 with no OOH. You will be working alongside another Veterinary Nurse and a Student Nurse. Weekend routine includes inpatients, preparation of surgery for the following week and medication dispensing. There are no scheduled surgeries booked over weekends and we have a dedicated reception team of two staff members, so no reception work is required with this role.
Salary up to €17 per hour depending on experience plus benefits.
Raheny Veterinary Hospital is primarily a small animal hospital for first opinion and referral. We have all the mod cons- laser, blood machines, ultrasound, orthopaedic suite and laparoscopy. We have a fantastic team here and as a nurse your skills are fully utilized. The practice is based in North Dublin and can be accessed by bus and dart. We have 9 Vets, 7 Nurses, 11 support team members and a certificate holder in orthopaedics and ultrasound scanning.
We are looking for someone who is a qualified Veterinary Nurse and registered with the Veterinary Council. The candidate will preferably have experience, but new graduates are welcome to apply. You must be an excellent team player and have the ability to work with a team or on your own. We also look for someone with a good attitude and enthusiasm for the role.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our staff, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will also benefit from:
Work Life Balance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement - minimum of 22 days Annual Leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
Focus on Employee Wellbeing
- Paid Maternity Leave Package
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- EAP and wellbeing centre access
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Company Sick Pay
- €600 annual CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Full Funding of any Certificates / Diplomas / PhD’s you may want to pursue
- Bespoke Graduate Nurse Academy, Nurse Evolve and many more in-house academies
- Leadership Academy for all our future leaders, including Head Nurses and Practice Managers
- Career Progression Opportunities, both clinical and non-clinical
- VCI membership paid
- VDS cover paid
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Pawesome Benefits – various discounts including retail and virtual gym
- Employee Pension Contributions
- Discounted Staff Pet Veterinary Fees
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Relocation Packages
- Free Flu Jabs
- Opportunity to join company programmes (LGBTQ+, Wellbeing champions, Nurses committee, Clinical Board and many more)
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you, please contact us.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Shónagh Dawson from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
086 085 0891