Job Title: Central Operations Manager (Ireland)
Reports to: Country Director (Ireland) and Head of Central Operations (UK)
Contract: Permanent Full-time
IVC Ireland has grown rapidly through acquisition over the past five years and now covers around 60 practices across Small Animal, Farm, Equine and Referral hospitals, with scope for further growth through acquisition.
The organisation is seeking to further integrate, and harness the benefits of operating collectively and to this end, has invested in growing the leadership team by introducing Area Director Roles to strengthen the Field Operations team as well as other Leadership positions within the Country Management team.
IVC Ireland sits within the same internal Group Market as the UK, a more mature market within IVC’s group, and there is a medium-term goal to more closely align to the UK structure and ways of working.
Reporting to the Country Manager (Ireland), the main purpose of this role is to lead the co-ordination of operational activity across IVC in Ireland
The role combines engagement with stakeholders from central support functions within IVC and the Central Operations team in the UK as well as a working closely to plan for and inform the Irish Field Operations Team and practices of upcoming activity and changes.
The key outputs of this are twofold:
- The creation of a clear and accurate operations plan for Irish practices, considering workload planning for both practice colleagues and field team
- The delivery of regular and timely communications, including in-person meetings, to engage the Irish operation with the operations plan
This role will work closely with all members of the Irish leadership team to enable the delivery of the in-country strategy, as well as adopting ways of working from the UK, with appropriate localisation.
- Apply a “practice first” mentality, ensuring that our practices are always considered as customers of centrally led initiatives
- Consider the Irish field operations team as customers of your role
- Apply structure, rigour and attention to detail in everything we do that is practice-facing, holding support functions to account to deliver for our practices
- Engage in regular contact with stakeholders across the organisation to maintain the operations plan
- Hold and participate in planning meetings and reviews of the operations calendar to ensure activity is appropriately phased
- Support the development of communications to the operations team and practices
- Co-ordinate activities such as the gathering of status updates and information from our Operations Team, practices and central support functions
- Take ownership for managing central processes within the Irish operations team
- Maintain master data for practices within the Irish market
- Always look for opportunities to automate and improve processes, and the support we provide our practices and operations team
The ideal candidate will be a friendly, highly organised, and adaptable individual who has excellent communication skills and enjoys working in a busy, rapidly growing company. Solid communication skills are a prerequisite for this role as you will be liaising with several departments and practices across the country regularly.
You must possess the following competencies and skills –
- Highly organised with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently on own initiative
- Ability to think strategically and analytically
- Strong project management skills and experience required, competent at simultaneously managing multiple projects and prioritizing workload
- Experience in multi-site operational management
- Proficiency in Gantt chart tracking
- Good presenter, influencer, and relationship management skills, to confidently work with a variety of stakeholders communicating appropriately to different audiences
- Strong relationship builder with an ability to network and influence at all levels, building high levels of trust
- Experience working across a portfolio of brands is a distinct advantage
- Experience and understanding of building strong brands
- Experience of local/small business marketing approaches
- A problem-solving attitude with the ability to change direction as business needs adjust while maintaining a commitment to broader strategic objectives
- Confident to speak up with ideas and alternative approaches, takes a healthy approach to conflict
- A keen eye for detail and expectations of high standards
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and marketing software e.g. Adobe suite
- Experience of veterinary profession or pet related industries desirable but not essential
- A full, clean drivers' license
- Educated to degree level desirable but not essential
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our staff, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary and a company car, you will also benefit from:
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Birthday Leave
- Focus on Employee Wellbeing
- Paid Maternity Leave Package
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- EAP and wellbeing centre access
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Company Sick Pay
- Career Progression Opportunities, both clinical and non-clinical
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Pawesome Benefits – various discounts including retail and virtual gym
- Employee Pension Contributions
- Discounted Staff Pet Veterinary Fees
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Relocation Packages
- Free Flu Jabs
- Opportunity to join company programmes (LGBTQ+, Wellbeing champions, Nurses committee, Clinical Board and many more)
As a BAME and LGBTQIA+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Eadaoin Redmond from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
Eadaoin Redmond RVN
086 176 2210