RESPONSIBLE TO: HR Manager (Ireland)
IVC Evidensia is quickly growing and is now the largest veterinary group the world. IVC Evidensia was established in 2011 and through acquisition has since gone from strength to strength.
IVC Evidensia Ireland was established in 2018 and has continued to grow its presence in the Irish veterinary market with over 56 practices around the country and 700+ employees.
Due to our continued growth, IVC Evidensia Ireland are looking to recruit a second HR Generalist to join our HR team.
For further information regarding IVC Evidensia Ireland, please visit https://ivcevidensia.ie/
Main Purpose of Job
The HR Generalist will support the HR Manager by providing HR advisory support to Clinical Directors, Practice Managers and employees across our group of veterinary practices and hospitals in Ireland.
Act as a HR best practice ambassador and key point of contact for the people services function within HR. Providing accurate advice and guidance to both management and their employees.
Key Tasks/Scope of Job
- Support the HR Manager and Dayforce project team in the successful build, launch and integration of Dayforce HRIS across all veterinary practices in the group.
- Once launched, oversee the daily operation of the HRIS, provide training and support to clinics in the use and optimising of HRIS
- Ensure data integrity within the HRIS is maintained accurately.
- Support the HR Manager in production of mandatory reports (Gender Pay Gap Reporting and other compliance metrics) as well as ad-hoc reporting as needed.
- Design manuals, support guides and processing procedures as needed
- Oversee the successful integration of new practices into IVC Evidensia Ireland and supporting them with any HR requirements
- Provide effective and professional HR Support and advice to management and employees, including the coordinating and management of any grievance/disciplinary processes
- Proactively contribute to the continuous improvement of the HR function within IVC Evidensia Ireland and our practices.
- Manage and co-ordinate ER cases within your designated area/region
- Support in constructing and delivering HR skills training to practice leaders across various forums
- Attend regular HR Meetings and other support meetings as needed both with clinical and operational teams
- Ensure information, policies and procedures are kept up to date on the company’s intranet
- Champion and promote our wellbeing strategy as part of our Positive Pawprint strategy including Mental Health First Aider Training
- Undertake other reasonable duties and projects as required
Skills and experience specification
- In-dept knowledge of Irish employment legislation and 3-4 years’ experience working within a similar role.
- A proven self-starter with a ‘can do’ approach.
- Previous experience in a generalist HR role. Previous multi-site experience a distinct advantage.
- Experience of implementing new systems and processes in a collaborative manner.
- Willingness, experience and confidence to take ownership of the projects and duties and implement processes to improve and streamline the service we provide for our practices
- Ability to work as part of a virtual team and work unsupervised.
- Capability to manage, asses and extract data within a HRIS.
- Demonstrates an attention to detail.
- Proven influencing and communication skills.
- Self-confident and proactive.
Pay & Benefits
- Salary of €44-47k per annum depending on experience
- This role is based from home with the flexibility to create your own working hours (subject to approval)
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata) plus bank holidays with service-based holiday entitlement increases
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Packages
- Professional membership fees
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Pawsome Discount Portal - various discounts including retail, Cycle to Work scheme & virtual gym memberships
As a BAME and LGBTQIA+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Eadaoin Redmond from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
Eadaoin Redmond RVN
086 176 2210