Sunbeam Veterinary Group is a 100% small animal veterinary group based in Cork. Our leading referral hospital is located in Northpoint on the Northside of Cork city and our clinics are located in Blackpool, Cobh, Passage West and on Kinsale Road.
Since opening originally in 2003 we have improved the range and quality of services available to our clients.
We currently have 16 Veterinary Surgeons, 18 Veterinary Nurses and 8 support staff in our group and are continually looking to expand. A number of our Vets and Nurses are certificate holders and we encourage further development with our fully funded certificates.
Our industry leading referral services include: CT Scanning, Radiography, Ultrasound, Laparoscopy, Endoscopy, Inhouse Laboratory, Orthopaedic Surgery (including spinal surgery), Hospitalisation facilities, Canine Hydrotherapy and Rehabilitation, 24-hour Emergency Service
We now have an exciting opening for an Out of Hours Veterinary Surgeon to join our team.
This Out of Hours position will be based in our referral hospital, Sunbeam Veterinary Hospital, Northpoint.
This is a wonderful opportunity consisting of;
7 Nights on, two weeks off.
1 Sunday day shift in 6.
Salary is up to €74,500, subject to pro rata.
We are looking for a VCI registered Veterinary Surgeon with excellent communication skills, who has high standards of client and patient care as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The applicant must be proficient in emergency medicine and emergency surgery.
Ideally a certificate holder in ECC or a desire for further qualification in ECC would be desirable.
Benefits – Subject to Pro Rata
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our staff, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will also benefit from:
- Work Life Balance
- 22 days Annual Leave (subject to pro rata)
- Birthday Leave
- Focus on Employee Wellbeing
- Paid Maternity Leave Package
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Full access to EAP and Wellbeing Centre
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Company Sick Pay
- €1350 annual CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD days pro rata
- Funding of any Certificates / Diplomas / PhD’s you may want to pursue
- Career Progression Opportunities, both clinical and non-clinical
- Professional Memberships
- VCI membership paid
- VDS cover paid
- Additional Benefits
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Dedicated CARE fund – annual contribution of €1,100 from IVC Evidensia for each Vet to use on a case of your choice to ensure successful outcome with your patient (T&C’s apply)
- Pawesome Benefits - reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with hundreds of retailers
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Free Flu Inoculations
- Discounted Veterinary Fees
- Sponsorship for Overseas Employees
- Opportunity to join company programmes (LGBTQ+, Wellbeing Champions, Nurses Committee, Clinical Board and many more)
- Relocation Packages
As a BAME and LGBTQIA+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Shónagh Dawson from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
Shónagh Dawson RVN
+353 (0) 86 085 0891