Anicare Veterinary Group is a progressive, North Dublin based hospital group. Situated close to Dublin city centre and the idyllic Dublin coastline. We pride ourselves on our welcoming team who are committed to patient and client care. Working between our well-equipped branches will ensure you see a varied caseload and allow use of our facilities.
About the Team and Culture
Our team currently consists of 16 Veterinary Surgeons, over 25 Veterinary Nurses and many support staff across all our practices. We have many certificate holders in anaesthesia, small animal surgery, feline medicine and more. Our team is friendly and driven, we offer a supportive environment and actively encourage further development.
Anicare Veterinary Group has an exciting opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their team in the Botanic Veterinary Hospital, Glasnevin!
Anicare is a progressive small animal general practice with a busy and interesting surgical and medical caseload. The position is for a full-time, permanent Veterinary Surgeon but we are equally happy to discuss part-time, flexible contracts if suitable for the role. This vacancy would not suit new graduates and some experience is required. We strive to provide a great work life balance and there are no OOH duties. We supply a generous CPD allowance and certificates are encouraged and fully funded.
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon who is registered/eligible to register on the VCI. We require applicants to have at least 2 years' experience, but we are open to candidates with less experience if suitably skilled. A detail-oriented individual with a commitment to high standards and good client care is essential, as well as the ability to work as part of a team.
Salary for the role is up to €70,000 depending on experience.
Benefits – Subject to Pro Rata
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our staff, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will also benefit from:
Work Life Balance
- 22 days Annual Leave
- Birthday Leave (paid day off on your birthday)
Focus on Employee Wellbeing
- Paid Maternity Leave Package
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Full access to EAP and Wellbeing Centre
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Company Sick Pay
- €1350 annual CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD days pro rata
- Funding of any Certificates / Diplomas / PhD’s you may want to pursue
- Career Progression Opportunities, both clinical and non-clinical
- Care Fund – Annual contribution of €1,200 to use on a case of your choice to ensure a successful outcome with your patient
- VCI membership paid
- VDS cover paid
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Dedicated CARE fund – annual contribution of €1,200 from IVC Evidensia for each Vet to use on a case of your choice to ensure successful outcome with your patient (T&C’s apply)
- Pawesome Benefits - reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with hundreds of retailers
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Free Flu Inoculations
- Discounted Veterinary Fees
- Opportunity to join company programmes (LGBTQ+, Wellbeing Champions, Nurses Committee, Clinical Board and many more)
As a BAME and LGBTQIA+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Eadaoin Redmond from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
Eadaoin Redmond RVN
Talent Partner (Ireland)
+353 (0) 86 176 2210