Kilcoole Vets is a 100% Small Animal, First Opinion Practice located in the beachside village of Kilcoole in County Wicklow. The practice is located 1 hour outside of Dublin and is close to both Dublin Bus and DART services.
Our close-knit team strives to offer the best care possible to all our patients. We have all the equipment required to offer our gold standard veterinary services including ultrasound, therapeutic laser, in-house laboratory, multiparameter anaesthesia monitoring and dental x-ray.
Our team consists of 3 Veterinary Surgeons, 3 Veterinary Nurses, and 1 student veterinary nurse. We have 1 RCVS certificate holder and two others working toward certificates of their own.
We are looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon to cover 1 year maternity leave for one of our Veterinary Surgeons to start in August 2023. There may be a potential for the right candidate to progress to a permanent role in future.
This is a Full-Time, Fixed Term contract of 12 months for Maternity leave cover starting in Augist 2023. We are also able to discuss the possibility of Part-Time positions within this role.
The Full-Time working week is over 4 days and an average of 33.5hours per week. You would be required to cover 1 in 3 Saturdays and there is no Out of Hours involved.
Your responsibilities would include first opinion consultations, soft tissue surgery, dentistry, diagnostic imaging and other similar duties. Due to the nature of first opinion practice, you would need to be confident in sole charge from time to time.
Competitive salary, dependent on experience and hours undertaken for the role
We are seeking an experienced small animal Veterinary Surgeon eligible to register with the VCI. The suitable applicant must have confidence in sole charge and have experience in first opinion practice. A proficiency in consultations and surgery is essential, although individual interests will be catered for where possible.
Benefits – Subject to Pro Rata
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our staff, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will also benefit from:
- Work Life Balance
- 22 Days Annual Leave
- Birthday Leave
- Focus on Employee Wellbeing
- Paid Maternity Leave Package
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Full access to EAP and Wellbeing Centre
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Company Sick Pay
- €1300 annual CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD days pro rata
- Funding of any Certificates / Diplomas / PhD’s you may want to pursue
- Career Progression Opportunities, both clinical and non-clinical
- Dedicated CARE fund – annual contribution of €1,100 from IVC Evidensia for each Vet to use on a case of your choice to ensure successful outcome with your patient (T&C’s apply)
- Professional Memberships
- VCI membership paid
- VDS cover paid
- Additional Benefits
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Pawesome Benefits - reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with hundreds of retailers
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Free Flu Inoculations
- Discounted Veterinary Fees
- Sponsorship for Overseas Employees
- Opportunity to join company programmes (LGBTQ+, Wellbeing Champions, Nurses Committee, Clinical Board and many more)
- Relocation Packages
As a BAME and LGBTQIA+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Shónagh Dawson from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
Shónagh Dawson RVN
+353 (0) 86 085 0891