Ark Vets in Galway are seeking 2 Veterinary Surgeons for a Fixed Term (minimum 6 months), full-time and Part-time positions.
Our practice is a two branch, small animal group, First Opinion and Referral, located in the beautiful coastal city of Galway. We have a wide array of top of the range equipment and services in our practice to continue our well-established standard of care for our patients and clients. These include:
- Well-resourced consulting rooms & Dedicated operating theatres
- Excellent anaesthetic maintenance & monitoring systems,
- In-house blood analysers & High-quality light microscopy,
- Ultrasound, ECG, & Ocular tonometry,endoscopy
- Air driven dentistry, & Dental x-ray,
- And a brand-new state of the art CT and DR Imaging
- Spacious canteen and changing rooms
We are proud of our large, highly skilled veterinary team. We have 10 Veterinary Surgeons, 9 Veterinary Nurses, 3 Receptionists and a Practice Manager. Our team include Cert holders in Small Animal Medicine, Surgery, Emergency and Critical Care, Anaesthesia and Analgesia, Dermatology and Diagnostic Imaging. We also have visiting ophthalmologist and physiotherapist who provide a comprehensive service for our patients, colleagues and clients. We strongly encourage professional development and advocate for a supportive learning environment, especially with new graduate Veterinarians looking to take their first steps into the veterinary profession.
Galway is a bustling city with a vibrant arts scene and is on the doorstep of Connemara and lough Corrib as well as being accessible to Dublin via the M6 and Shannon and Knock Airports are less than 90 minutes away.
Check out our website for more information on our practice and services we provide: www.arkvetsgalway.com
We have a full-time and a part-time position available.
The full-time position consists of 40hours per week, typically over 4 days per week (3 days after a long weekend).
We are open to discussing the arrangements for the part time position
Our weekend shifts are equally shared between our Veterinary team with:
- 1 in 6 Saturday clinics (9am-1pm) and;
- 1 in 6 full weekends (Saturday and Sunday, average of 8-9 full weekends per year)
- Part time would equate to 1 in 8
The OOH/On call rota is on average 3-4 weekends per year, 1 Monday in 6 and 1 Thursday in 18.
We don’t ask people to have more than one on-call night a week and you will receive time off in lieu for any weekends and nights worked.
- All applicants must be registered with the VCI and eligible to work in Ireland.
- Full, clean driver's license
- Fluent English
- The ideal candidate would be competent with routine consultations and surgeries.
- Options available for bases in our main Referral and First Opinion Hospital setting, or in our smaller branch practice to suit individual requirements.
- Successful candidates must possess the right attitude, work ethic and the ability to work well within a team.
Generous Salary – Commensurate with Experience
Benefits – Subject to Pro Rata
We recognize that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our staff, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will also benefit from:
Work Life Balance
- 22 days Annual Leave
- Birthday Leave
Focus on Employee Wellbeing
- Paid Maternity Leave Package
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Full access to EAP and Wellbeing Centre
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Company Sick Pay
- €1300 annual CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD days – subject to pro rata
- Funding of any Certificates / Diplomas / PhD’s you may want to pursue
- Career Progression Opportunities, both clinical and non-clinical
- VCI membership paid
- VDS cover paid
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Dedicated CARE fund – annual contribution of €1,100 from IVC Evidensia for each Vet to use on a case of your choice to ensure successful outcome with your patient (T&Cs apply)
- Pawesome Benefits - reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with hundreds of retailers
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Free Flu Inoculations
- Discounted Veterinary Fees
- Opportunity to join company programmes (LGBTQ+, Wellbeing Champions, Nurses Committee, Clinical Board and many more)
As a BAME and LGBTQIA+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you, please contact us.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Eadaoin Redmond from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
Eadaoin Redmond RVN
+353 (0) 86 176 2210