Mullingar Pet Hospital is seeking a Veterinary Surgeon to join their experienced team of professionals.
Mullingar is a vibrant market town located in the heart of Ireland, 45 minutes commute from Dublin.
Mullingar Pet Hospital is a Veterinary Council of Ireland (VCI) accredited Small Animal Veterinary Hospital. As such we are audited on a regular basis to ensure we fulfil the standards laid down by the VCI. We are constantly investing in maintaining our premises and equipment to the highest standard. Our aim is to provide a professional service to our clients in a comfortable and hygienic environment.
At our hospital we have two examination rooms, along with Surgical, X-ray and Dental suites.
Our close-knit team is made up of 3 Veterinarians, 2 Veterinary Nurses, and ACA, Receptionist and Practice Manager.
This Veterinary Surgeon position may suit part-time and holiday cover.
The role will involve small animal surgical and clinical duties.
A full-time position would include 40hrs/5 days per week with no OOH and 1 in 3 Saturday mornings.
Salary is dependent on experience and subject to pro-rata.
Candidates must be registered with the VCI (Veterinary Council of Ireland).
We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Surgeon (ideally 3 years +).
Full time salary is up to €65,000 (pro-rate) depending on experience.
Benefits – Subject to Pro Rata
We recognize that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our staff, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will also benefit from:
Work Life Balance
- 22 days Annual Leave
- Birthday Leave
Focus on Employee Wellbeing
- Paid Maternity Leave Package
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Full access to EAP and Wellbeing Centre
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Company Sick Pay
- €1300 annual CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD days pro rata
- Funding of any Certificates / Diplomas / PhD’s you may want to pursue
- Career Progression Opportunities, both clinical and non-clinical
- Dedicated CARE fund – annual contribution of €1,100 from IVC Evidensia for each Vet to use on a case of your choice to ensure successful outcome with your patient (T&Cs apply)
- VCI membership paid
- VDS cover paid
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Pawesome Benefits - reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with hundreds of retailers
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Free Flu Inoculations
- Discounted Veterinary Fees
- Opportunity to join company programmes (LGBTQ+, Wellbeing Champions, Nurses Committee, Clinical Board and many more)
As a BAME and LGBTQIA+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Eadaoin Redmond from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
Eadaoin Redmond RVN
+353 (0) 86 176 2210