A great opportunity has arisen for a Locum Veterinary Surgeon to cover paternity leave for 3 months at O’Shea & Bramley & Breen Veterinary Hospital in Wexford.
This role would suit a new graduate looking to develop their skills in a progressive, well-established small animal clinic. Your duties would include all aspects of small animal veterinary medicine.
This is a part-time, temporary contract of 20hours (2.5 days) per week and a typical rota is as follows:
- Monday half day shift
- Friday 12pm to 8pm shift
- Saturday 8am to 5pm
- Once a month Sunday cover from 9am to 1pm
Salary for this role is €30 per hour.
Situated in the beautiful county of Wexford, in the Sunny South-East of Ireland. Wexford is well renowned for its beaches and nightlife with something to interest everyone. We are a purpose built Veterinary Hospital offering all the mod cons. We are a friendly proactive team including Veterinary Surgeons, Nurses and a great support team which enables our vets and nurses to practice what they are qualified to do.
About the Team & Culture
Our amazing team is made up of 9 Veterinary Surgeons, 6 Veterinary Nurses and 9 Support staff. The ideal candidate should be able to work well within our team. We work closely with our local W.S.P.C.A. and run charity events every year in aid of them.
The successful candidate would need to be registered with the VCI and eligible to work in Ireland. Experience is not essential and new graduates are encouraged to apply.
Benefits – Subject to Pro Rata
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our staff, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will also benefit from:
- Work Life Balance
- 22 days Annual Leave
- Birthday Leave (paid day off on your birthday)
- Focus on Employee Wellbeing
- Paid Maternity Leave Package
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Full access to EAP and Wellbeing Centre
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Company Sick Pay
- €1350 annual CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD days pro rata
- Funding of any Certificates / Diplomas / PhD’s you may want to pursue
- Career Progression Opportunities, both clinical and non-clinical
- Care Fund – Annual contribution of €1,200 to use on a case of your choice to ensure a successful outcome with your patient
- Professional Memberships
- VCI membership paid
- VDS cover paid
- Additional Benefits
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Dedicated CARE fund – annual contribution of €1,200 from IVC Evidensia for each Vet to use on a case of your choice to ensure successful outcome with your patient (T&C’s apply)
- Pawesome Benefits - reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with hundreds of retailers
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Free Flu Inoculations
- Discounted Veterinary Fees
- Sponsorship for Overseas Employees
- Opportunity to join company programmes (LGBTQ+, Wellbeing Champions, Nurses Committee, Clinical Board and many more)
- Relocation Packages
As a BAME and LGBTQIA+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Shónagh Dawson from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
Shónagh Dawson RVN
+353 (0) 86 085 0891