The Pet Hospital Waterford is looking for a small animal Veterinary Surgeon for a full-time permanent position to start in January 2024.
We are a 100% companion animal hospital in Waterford City providing high quality clinical care and client service. You will be supported with all the traditional, unique benefits standard to an IVC Evidensia employee including full certificate funding to develop your own skills in an area of your interest if you wish.
This is a full-time, permanent position in a busy small animal veterinary hospital in the heart of Waterford city. The successful applicant will complement the veterinary team in our clinical and surgical medicine, bringing new knowledge and methods to the table and learning from the many years of experience here in Waterford. We find that working as a team, supporting each other, and expanding our knowledge and skills through CPD, brings about a fulfilling and enjoyable work environment. Everyone is encouraged to be the best that they can be!
This is a full-time, permanent position of 40hrs, 9am-5pm five days a week and 1 in 3 Saturday mornings.
Duties and responsibilities in this position are typical of first opinion practice including consultations, surgical and medical rotations, routine preventative care and emergencies.
Shared OOH Rota and 1 in 12 weekends with a day off in lieu.
Salary for this role is up to €70,000 depending on experience level.
This position is for an experienced veterinary surgeon registered with the veterinary council of Ireland and eligible to work in Ireland. The successful candidate must have experience in both routine surgery and clinical medicine.
Benefits – Subject to Pro Rata
We recognize that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our staff, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will also benefit from:
- Work Life Balance
- 22 days Annual Leave
- Birthday Leave
- Focus on Employee Wellbeing
- Paid Maternity Leave Package
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Full access to EAP and Wellbeing Centre
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Company Sick Pay
- €1300 annual CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD days – subject to pro rata
- Funding of any Certificates / Diplomas / PhD’s you may want to pursue
- Career Progression Opportunities, both clinical and non-clinical
- Professional Memberships
- VCI membership paid
- VDS cover paid
- Additional Benefits
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Dedicated CARE fund – annual contribution of €1,100 from IVC Evidensia for each Vet to use on a case of your choice to ensure successful outcome with your patient (T&C’s apply)
- Pawesome Benefits - reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with hundreds of retailers
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Free Flu Inoculations
- Discounted Veterinary Fees
- Sponsorship for Overseas Employees
- Opportunity to join company programmes (LGBTQ+, Wellbeing Champions, Nurses Committee, Clinical Board and many more)
- Relocation Packages
As a BAME and LGBTQIA+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Eadaoin Redmond from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
Eadaoin Redmond RVN
Talent Partner (Ireland)
+353 (0) 86 176 2210