Vet Care is a group of 4 Veterinary practices located in Athy, Portlaoise, Carlow and Rathcoole. All of our centres have state of the art Idexx blood analysers and X-ray facilities with 3 practices also offering on-site Ultrasound services. Our main referral centre is located in Athy where we offer specialist Orthopaedic, Ultrasound and Gastroscopy referrals. All our centres are located near public transport to and from Dublin city.
We have a fantastic team of 7 veterinary surgeons; with 4 certificate holders in various areas of specialty – Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Surgery. We have 14 Veterinary Nurses and a great network of support and administrative staff that looks after all our clients in our branches. We do a significant amount of charity work with 6 different local charities benefiting from our services.
We have an exciting opening for a full-time, small animal veterinary surgeon to join our group!
The position requires proficiency in basic surgery, consulations and internal medicine so would not be suitable for a new graduate.
This is a permanent, full-time position that covers 42 hours per week over 5 days, including a shared 1 in 4 Saturday rota. Whilst you would be based primarily in Athy, you may be needed from time to time to cover a rare shift in our other practices if needed.
Salary for this position is between €50,000-60,000 dependent on experience
We require a VCI registered Veterinary Surgeon with excellent communication skills and who has high standards of client and patient care. You will need to be proficient in routine surgery and be confident in taking sole charge of a clinic if required.
Benefits – Subject to Pro Rata
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our staff, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will also benefit from:
- Work Life Balance
- 22 days Annual Leave
- Birthday Leave
- Focus on Employee Wellbeing
- Paid Maternity Leave Package
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Full access to EAP and Wellbeing Centre
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Company Sick Pay
- €1350 annual CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD days pro rata
- Funding of any Certificates / Diplomas / PhD’s you may want to pursue
- Career Progression Opportunities, both clinical and non-clinical
- Professional Memberships
- VCI membership paid
- VDS cover paid
- Additional Benefits
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Dedicated CARE fund – annual contribution of €1,100 from IVC Evidensia for each Vet to use on a case of your choice to ensure successful outcome with your patient (T&C’s apply)
- Pawesome Benefits - reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with hundreds of retailers
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Free Flu Inoculations
- Discounted Veterinary Fees
- Sponsorship for Overseas Employees
- Opportunity to join company programmes (LGBTQ+, Wellbeing Champions, Nurses Committee, Clinical Board and many more)
- Relocation Packages
As a BAME and LGBTQIA+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Shónagh Dawson from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
Shónagh Dawson RVN
+353 (0) 86 085 0891