Wicklow Veterinary Clinic is a mixed practice located centrally in the busy and vibrant town of Wicklow. We primarily cater for Small Animal (70%), with 20% work in Large Animal and 10% work in Equine.
We are seeking an experienced Veterinary surgeon to take on the role of primary Small Animal Veterinarian within our practice.
Wicklow Veterinary Clinic is a modern purpose-built, well-equipped hospital. Our current team consists of 4 Veterinary Surgeons, 2 Veterinary Nurses and 5 Support Staff. We are all dedicated to offering the best care possible to our patients and customers with a keen focus on maintaining a great working environment for all our colleagues.
This is a Full-time, Permanent position with 90% of your workload being in Small Animal Surgery and Medicine. A small portion of your role will also include large animal work on OOH calls.
The typical work week is over 5 days/40 hours (9am to 6pm); 1 in 4 Saturday clinic 9am to 1pm also.
The OOH Rota is 1 in 4 weekends and 1 night midweek (Monday to Thursday) on call. The OOH rota includes a mix of both Small Animal and Large Animal work.
Salary is up to €75,000 depending on experience.
The suitable candidate must be registered with the VCI and eligible to work in Ireland.
Experience in performing routine and emergency small animal surgery is required with an interest in expanding this role in future.
Also, a basic level of experience in farm animal practice is required for the OOH work.
Must have a focus in customer care and be an excellent communicator.
Benefits – Subject to Pro Rata
We recognize that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our staff, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will also benefit from:
- Work Life Balance
- 22 days Annual Leave
- Birthday Leave
- Focus on Employee Wellbeing
- Paid Maternity Leave Package
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Full access to EAP and Wellbeing Centre
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Company Sick Pay
- €1300 annual CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD days – subject to pro rata
- Funding of any Certificates / Diplomas / PhD’s you may want to pursue
- Career Progression Opportunities, both clinical and non-clinical
- Professional Memberships
- VCI membership paid
- VDS cover paid
- Additional Benefits
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Dedicated CARE fund – annual contribution of €1,100 from IVC Evidensia for each Vet to use on a case of your choice to ensure successful outcome with your patient (T&C’s apply)
- Pawesome Benefits - reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with hundreds of retailers
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Free Flu Inoculations
- Discounted Veterinary Fees
- Sponsorship for Overseas Employees
- Opportunity to join company programmes (LGBTQ+, Wellbeing Champions, Nurses Committee, Clinical Board and many more)
- Relocation Packages
As a BAME and LGBTQIA+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Shónagh Dawson from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
Shónagh Dawson RVN
+353 (0) 86 085 0891